Monday, June 23, 2008

Vero Possumus - Did I just see that?


Yes, it's true. In a speech this weekend, Barack Obama unveiled his latest marketing tool. It is a large and stylized version of the presidential seal that Mr Obama has in front of the podium or lectern where he delivers his speeches.

To be honest I thought of this type of thing a few years ago and was very amazed that it hadn't been tried. In a way I am very happy that it is Obama that has opened up this can of worms because his design department did a great job with it and now everyone who follows suit will be seen to be copying him. I may be in the minority on this but I would bet that there are few people who will even really notice except as a subliminal nod to his "presidential-ness."

I guess they say that you have to dress for the job you want. This is in some way what Mr. Obama is doing with the seal. It will remain to be seen whether it will be effective, but I have my bet that it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home