Tuesday, September 09, 2008

OMFG!!!! DONT HIT THAT ON SWITCH!!!!


You would think that the Large Hadron Collider was going to turn the earth into a scorched mass of coal or something! I mean look at this headline from CNN that I just pulled off the website! Talk about not knowing your ass from your proton! I mean what do they expect? that scientists don't know what will happen?! OH CRAP! We're all GOING TO DIE!!!!


Really? Is that what constitutes scientific journalism now days?

Well I for one am really excited. I can't wait to see if the energies that the LHC can accomplish will be enough to finally show us the elusive Higgs Boson or if any of the myriad other near unity energy subatomic particles will be proven to exist. The next year or two are going to usher in huge amounts of understanding about our current model of the universe. It is going to be a fantastic amount of discovery.

If we all don't die of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home