Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Oh come on! You've gotta be kidding me...


Yahoo! News - FBI suggests Congress ban gun sales to terrorism suspects
FBI Director Robert Mueller suggested Tuesday that Congress consider barring terrorism suspects from legally buying guns after an audit found that 47 people on a terrorism watch list were approved for purchases last year.

Gun sales are denied to convicted felons, fugitives, convicted drug users, illegal aliens and others under federal gun laws. But a Government Accountability Office report made public Tuesday pointed out that being suspected of having a link to a terrorist or a terrorist group is not among the nine criteria that prevent someone from legally buying a firearm.


I have been taking a bit of a rest here in the last few weeks but this one got my attention in a big way. I mean aren't we ALREADY SUPPOSED TO BE DISALLOWING TERROR SUSPECTS FROM BUYING GUNS IN THE USA? Am I missing something?! Just so I'm clear on this: As a terror suspect you can't ride on an airplane or commercial railroad but you can go through an FBI background check and get signed off to purchase any gun you want?

WTF?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home