Wednesday, January 18, 2006

C&L reader sums up my issue...

It had to happen. Some time in the last week it hit me. I am behaving like a lefty version of Bill O'Riley. There's a thought. Talk about the fastest way to a big rubbery one, but it seems to be true. A reader at another blog, the incomparable Crooks and Liars has this post about how that radical energy can be twisted into a one sided us-or-them mentality that does no-one any real good.

As you may have noticed I have been posting on different topics lately and have been less interested in those stories that have been coming from the more strident part of the Left. This is not to say that my politics have changed. I still am outraged by many things I am seeing in this government but I know that the way to change things is to get more people involved. This involvement must necessarily include people from the political cener and the right. We can't have outreach when we are trying to destroy the right. I'm not sure how to get there but it is something we need to do. Collectively we must move forward. We need to show those on the other side that we are serious without being giant pussies about it. this will require some strategy and some alteration of our thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home