Friday, May 12, 2006

I guess I'm just a paranoid lefty wacko..

Unlike the majority of americans I don't want the government to be spying on my phone calls just to keep me safe from a perceived terrorist threat.

Sixty-five percent say it's more important for the government to investigate possible threats, even if that intrudes on personal privacy, than for it to avoid privacy intrusions if that limits its investigative ability. It was the same in January, although higher still in 2002 and 2003 polls.


To me it's not the monitoring of my calls that bothers me, it's the prescedent that this sets. It is a slippery slope towards a totalitarian state that I don't want to be a part of. By agreeing to allow this the prople of the US are allowing themselves to have their rights to privacy stripped away. They are allowingthe Bush administration more and more unfettered access to their lives and are giving up their own controll. This is just plain dangerous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home