Wednesday, September 24, 2008

McCain jumps shark, suspends campaign.

Stop me if you've heard this one from CNN.com...

Is John McCain freaking nuts?! I have been shocked and amazed by some crazy shit before during this campaign season but this takes the topper. He has called a time out not only on his campaign but possibly on the debates as well. I have no idea whether he thinks that this is a presidential looking move but to me it surely looks like a cut and run from the debates, especially as he was in debate prep at the time.

Look, Mr. "The-economy-is-not-my-strong-suit" McCain is not going to ride into town and save the government from itself as a model for bipartisan unity. He is not going to do anything but inject a lot of presidential politics into what is already looking like a knock-down-drag-out fight between congress and the white house on a subject that he has little familiarity with. I appreciate the chutzpah but I can do without the grandstanding.

Please senator, sit down and take your meds. This will all iron itself out with the help from the other congressmen and women. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home