Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Just so we're clear... It's a good thing to have? A bad thing?

Bush Wants Line-Item Veto to Be Revived

Wed Nov 10,10:18 AM ET
White House - AP
By JIM ABRAMS, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Six years after the Supreme Court took away the president's ability to veto specific parts of legislation, President Bush (news - web sites) is asking Congress to bring back the line-item veto to let him make precision strikes against projects and tax provisions he doesn't like.


Yeah, I can't figure it out either. I mean wasn't it this same republican majority that was all up in arms about how the line item veto was giving the executive branch too much power? Ohhhh... Right! It was too much power for Clinton.... I forgot.


Stupid me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Qate said...

Ummm yeeeea. I always saw their point about giving the executive branch too much power, but I also always liked the idea of a line-item veto because people always tack ridiculous riders onto things that could get an otherwise good bill rejected. So um. I don't know. But say it with me, God of Thunder: HYPOCRITES. Mmm. Doesn't that feel better?

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home