Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Even I didn't think they could sink so low


GOP Pushes Rule Change to Protect DeLay's Post

House Republicans proposed changing their rules last night to allow members indicted by state grand juries to remain in a leadership post, a move that would benefit Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Tex.) in case he is charged by a Texas grand jury that has indicted three of his political associates, according to GOP leaders.


The total outrage I feel about this is incredible! Here's the "values and morality" party in all of it's glory! I guess the leadership of DeLay in rigging elections, gerrymandering, deciet, and even outright fraud is more important than doing what's right. God I hate these people!

They are the Slytherin house of the US Government. Anything to win at any cost.

Here's another key 'graph:

House Republicans adopted the indictment rule in 1993, when they were trying to end four decades of Democratic control of the House, in part by highlighting Democrats' ethical lapses. They said at the time that they held themselves to higher standards than prominent Democrats such as then-Ways and Means Chairman Dan Rostenkowski (Ill.), who eventually pleaded guilty to mail fraud and was sentenced to prison.


How two-faced can you get? I mean if it's good for the goose it should be good for the gander right?

My biggest question is why are the Dems not raising all-holy-hell over this? I want to see some serious TV time with red-in-the-face-mad-as-hell deomcrats shouting as loud as they can about this. (Give me a camera and a newscrew and I'll do it myself!)

Come on. This is as blatant as you can get. They are buying the extra 5 republican seats in Texas (That DeLay's Gerrymandering garnered) with a rule to benefit a criminal.

Values and morality indeed...

1 Comments:

Blogger Qate said...

Yea why AREN'T the Dems screaming and yelling about this one? Are well all in caves licking our wounds, too busy to look up and see what's happening around us? I would be freaking out. Or maybe they are, but the news just isn't covering it.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home